Terrence W. Bruner, MD, MBA
Dr. Terrence W. Bruner is a board certified plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He specializes in a wide array of cosmetic procedures at AnMed Health Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery. The office includes a private, certified ambulatory surgical center.
Dr. Bruner is a graduate of Davidson College and received his Medical Doctorate and Master of Business Administration degrees through a combined five-year program at Wake Forest University School of Medicine. During this time he also completed a graduate level seminar on the Book of Romans at the Wake Forest University School of Divinity.
After receiving his medical degree, Dr. Bruner completed his six-year plastic surgery residency at Baylor College of Medicine, located in the heart of Texas Medical Center — the largest medical center in the world. During his residency, Dr. Bruner spent almost a year at MD Anderson Cancer Center, where he provided reconstructive surgery to patients with breast and skin cancer.
Dr. Bruner's work has appeared in numerous articles, book chapters and presentations on a wide range of plastic surgery topics (see list of publications below). Dr. Bruner has also been published several times for his expertise on buttocks augmentation and has had the prestigious honor of teaching instructional courses on "Buttocks Augmentation" at the national level at the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and American Society of Plastic Surgeons annual meetings.
- Bruner TW, De La Pena JA , Mendieta C, Roberts TL,, . Buttock Augmentation. In Plastic Surgery, 3rd Edition. Neligan, et al, (eds). Elsevier Limited. Invited Contribution. Accepted for Publication.
- Bruner TW, Boyd V, Hollier LH, Stal S. Correction of Secondary Bilateral Cleft Lip and Nose Deformities. In Losee JE, Kirschner RE (eds.) Comprehensive Cleft Care, McGraw-Hill. November, 2008.
- Roberts 3rd TL, Bruner TW, Roberts 4th TL. The Synergy of Multi-Modal Facial Rejuvenation. In Short-Scar Face Lift: Operative Strategies and Techniques (Volume II), Tonnard and Verpaele eds. Quality Medical Publishing, Inc. St. Louis, Mo. 2007
PRESENTATIONS AND INSTRUCTIONAL COURSES
- Bruner TW, "Buttock Augmentation by Micro Fat Grafting" presented in part of the instructional course: "Buttock Augmentation by Fat Grafting or Implants" at the 2010 American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Meeting, Washington, D.C.
- Bruner TW, and Roberts TL. "Complications of Buttock Augmentation: Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention" presented as part of the Instructional Course: "Aesthetic Gluteal Contouring: Autologous Augmentation and Excisional Techniques" at the 2008 American Society of Plastic Surgery Meeting, Chicago, Il
- Bruner TW, Salazar-Reyes H, Friedman JD. Umbilical Hernia Repair in Conjunction with Abdominoplasty: A novel Surgical Technique to Maintain Umbilical Blood Supply. Presented at the 2007 American Society of Plastic Surgery Meeting, Baltimore, MD
- Bruner TW, Cole PD, Hollier LH. Abdominal Component Separation In The Management of Giant Omphalocele. Presented at the 2008 Texas Society of Plastic Surgery meeting, San Antonio, TX.
- Bruner TW, Acute Repair of Zone II EPL Injury with a Proximal Tendon Turn-down Flap. Presented at the 2007 Texas Society of Plastic Surgery meeting, Bastrop, TX
- Bruner TW, David L, Gage RD, Argenta L. Objective Outcome Analysis of Soft Shell Helmet Therapy in the Treatment of Deformational Plagiocephaly. Presented at the 2002 American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association meeting, Seattle, WA
RESEARCH ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Lee EI, Roberts 3rd TL, Bruner TW. Ethnic Considerations in Buttock Aesthetics. Seminars in Plastic Surgery August 2009; 23(3):232-243
- Bruner TW, Roberts TL, Nguyen K. Complications of Buttock Augmentation: Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention. Clinics in Plastic Surgery 2006; 33(3):449-466
- Roberts TL, Weinfeld AB, Bruner TW, Nguyen K. "Universal" and Ethnic Ideals of Beautiful Buttocks are Best Obtained by Autologous Fat Grafting and Liposuction. Clinics in Plastic Surgery 2006; 33(3):371-394
- Feldman EM, Bruner TW, Sharabi SE, Koshy JC, Hollier LH. The Subtarsal Incision: Where Should it be Placed? Submitted for publication to J Oral Maxillofac Surg.
- Kaufman Y, Cole P, Hatef DA, Bruner TW, Hollier LH, Stal S. Refinements of the Unilateral Millard Technique: The Texas Children's Hospital Approach. Plast Reconstr Surg 2009; 124(2):612-4
- Bruner TW, Salazar-Reyes H, Friedman JD. Umbilical Hernia Repair in Conjunction with Abdominoplasty: A novel Surgical Technique to Maintain Umbilical Blood Supply. Aesthetic Surg J 2009; 29(4):333-334.
- Bruner TW and Skoracki R. Radial Forearm Free Flap Morbidity: A Rare Case of a Normal Preoperative Arteriogram and Acute Intraoperative Hand Ischemia. Submitted for publication to Journal of Otolaryngology
- Bruner TW, David L, Gage RD, Argenta L. Objective Outcome Analysis of Soft Shell Helmet Therapy in the Treatment of Deformational Plagiocephaly. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery 2004; 15(4):643-50.